Thursday, February 15, 2007

Leaving Palau – On to Yap

Last night I finished up my class in Palau with a 2 ½ hour session on the Book of Daniel. I enjoyed my busy week in Palau. I taught a class session each night and spent the days working with our Teaching Facility Coordinator, Rob Watt and meeting with our Palauan PIBC alumni and church leaders. I also got to spend a little bit of time with Michael, Samantha and Titus. Last night we went out to celebrate Samantha’s birthday with Indian food (yes, there is a great Indian restaurant in Palau!) and the owner brought us a giant “birthday sundae” to share. No, Titus didn’t get any.

I then boarded a 1:15 AM flight to from Palau to Yap. After resting up this morning I am headed into town to buy supplies and post this to my blog. We will begin class tomorrow with two Saturday sessions. Originally we had 9 signed up for the class here in Yap but it looks like we will have even more coming to the class. One of the challenges will be finding a way for all the students to get access to the internet for posting their assignments. The computers from the distance education grant will be very welcome here. We also have some issues to discuss with the Yap Church leadership about expanding our PIBC classroom and finding a coordinator for the work here. We would really like to find a retired pastor with a master’s degree who would be willing to come to Yap for a couple years and teach PIBC courses and work with the church here. I am also looking forward to meeting with our Yapese PIBC alumni. Here is my view from the mission guest apartment.

No comments: