Saturday, July 07, 2007

4th of July Week

This has been a great post-camp 4th of July vacation week. Joyce went off for a few days with her two sisters to have some "girl time" and visit some of her relatives. The picture is of Joyce with her two sisters and two cousins. Do you see any family resemblance? I stayed with my mom and dad and enjoyed celebrating the 4th with them and my sister's family. We had everything necessary for a proper celebration - barbecue, baseball, home made ice cream, swimming, flags and fireworks (we watched the fireworks on TV - it was 105 degrees outside). It was very nice to have some alone time with my mom and dad just to laugh and talk. I also enjoyed spending time with my sister Jayne and Nate. Their boys Jesse and Jonah have grown so much in two years.

I also spent some unexpected time with Steve Stinnette our Guam campus director. Steve was in the Sacramento area to deal with an eye problem. Please keep him in your prayers as the problem may be severe enough to necessitate a corneal transplant within the next few months. Right now he is in a lot of discomfort. We are praying that the cornea will heal up enough for him to treat it with a contact lens. He is headed back to Guam this week and will return to the US mainland after Christmas to see if the cornea has healed at all.

Joyce and I will be speaking at Gateway Bible Church in Scotts Valley CA tomorrow - the church in which Dave grew up. Then we will be heading up to Oregon next week to see friends at Ashland Bible Church and Rogue Valley Fellowship.

No comments: