Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Teaching in Chuuk

Hello from Chuuk. I am sitting in my room at the PIBC Teaching Facility in Weno Chuuk as I write this. We have completed three of the six sessions for the Survey of Prophetic Literature course. I will teach the remaining three sessions Wednesday through Friday night and then return to Guam on Saturday afternoon. It has been a challenge orienting the students here to doing their assignments on line, but they are catching on and I think in the long run it will be very beneficial to them. We have also had some great discussions as we seek to apply the messages of Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel to the lives of these Chuukese students, many of whom are teachers in local Chuuk Christian schools.

I also had the opportunity to travel last weekend to the Tol, Chuuk campus. It is the first time I have been there for the orientation and the first weekend of school. The trip over on the Chuuk Queen and by speed boat on the way back were smooth and uneventful. I was able to speak in the campus Sunday morning service and in the first chapel on Tuesday morning. It was great to see the excitement of the new students as they registered attended their first classes. I am on a dial up connection so I will post pictures from Chuuk after I get back to Guam.

1 comment:

Brandon Buie said...

Glad to hear the students are catching on to the DE training and its going well. Eager to catch up with you and I think I've got a guy or so here that might interested in a potential teaching job there.