Thursday, December 13, 2007

PIBC Presentation at the Korean Church

A couple nights ago we had the opportunity to talk about PIBC at the Korean Onnuri Church. This church has been very interested in the ministry of PIBC and has sent some of their church workers to PIBC for classes. They are also quite interested in doing ministry in Chuuk. This week they are having revival meetings for the purpose of raising their vision for ministry on Guam and the surrounding islands. They wanted to hear some Chuukese singing, (I don't blame them, they always sound great) so I brought 20 of our Chuukese students with me. It was a good time of experiencing a Korean revival service (English translation was provided through headsets), fellowshipping with church members and telling them a little of the story of PIBC.

The service was longer than we expected - lesson number 1 for us in Korean culture :) - and the students waited until almost 10 PM to sing their two songs. Of course they did a great job and represented the school well. I had the opportunity to invite the church to partner with PIBC and take some classes next semester. We are thankful for the offering they took for the school. And for those of you who are wondering... Yes, I do wear a tie when it is culturally appropriate.



After the presentation we barely made it to KFC for soft-serve ice cream. I promised all the singers, and our driver, Dean of women, Melissa Heck, that I would provide ice cream cones for everyone after the service. I appreciate the KFC employees waiting to lock up until we all got our cones. I had choco-dip. We got the students back after curfew but since they were with the president, it was cool. ;) I am hoping that we get more opportunities like this to build relationships with the many different churches of Guam.

No comments: