Thursday, January 03, 2008

Goals For 2008

Happy New Year everybody. I am finishing up my holiday today by playing a little golf with a couple of the PIBC faculty members. My 1st golf game since last summer. With the new year I am thinking about goals for 2008. Maybe this is because Liebenzell Mission USA and several of our supporting churches require us to submit an annual report in January that includes my goals in several areas for the coming year. So here are my ministry, educational and personal/family related goals for 2008. Despite the picture, my goals do not include winning the Heisman trophy. This is just me modeling the 49er jersey my daughter gave me for Christmas. I would invite anyone reading this to hold me accountable by asking me later this year, "how are you doing on goal X?" and to pray for me as I work on these throughout the year.

Ministry
  1. To find 25 new annual fund financial supporters for PIBC. This is greatly needed to pay local staff and faculty who cannot raise much support.
  2. To continue to contact and deepen relationships with local Guam and Micronesian churches to partner with PIBC.
  3. To complete the self study process for accreditation with TRACS.
  4. To spend more time away from my desk and out (that includes Yap, Chuuk and Palau too) with staff, faculty and students interacting about what the school should be doing.
  5. To develop a fully distance education course for PIBC. Right now all of our DE courses still have a classroom element.
  6. To have ready a master's program , either by developing our own or finding a partner, that would begin classes in the Fall of 2009.
  7. To Recruit sufficient staff and faculty to fulfill the mission of the school.
  8. Post at least twice a week to this blog.

Educational - I don't have further formal educational goals right now but learning never stops...

  1. To read at least one serious theological/biblical book and one ministry related book per month.
  2. To keep up with the 5 or 6 theological/biblical blogs that keep me on top of what is going on in the theological world.
Personal/Spiritual
  1. Read through the Bible in the original languages.
  2. Spend more quiet time - prayer and meditation.
  3. Take my wife out on one date per week.
  4. Get weight down below 200 lbs. and keep it there. (I really need help here)
This is enough for now. Thank you for praying for me.


No comments: