Thursday, June 05, 2008

I'm Back on Guam - "Vacation" Retrospective


I arrived back on Guam about an hour ago - LAX to Honolulu to Guam - about 16-17 hours of airplane and airport time. The flight was pretty smooth with a 65 mph tail wind. I met Don Howell from Columbia International University, in the Honolulu airport and he is here at the house with me. He will be teaching a course for us, Exegesis in Hebrews, starting on Monday and consulting with our board later this month.

In one way I am glad to get back and get to work again, but I am already missing the kids and the grandkids. I peeked in on Titus and Courage before I left this morning (yesterday morning?) and the little sleeping angels made me think I should delay my trip back a few more days. I had a great time playing basketball and soccer with Titus and on our morning walks to get coffee. He is a bundle of energy and of course very smart too. Courage is a real cutie in her little pink outfits but I got her a baseball uniform too because not all girls "throw like girls." We got to see most of our family and I am really thankful for the couple weeks of family time. Joyce is having more of it the next couple weeks as she is staying there to be with her sisters and with the kids again.



We got to see a couple movies (Caspian and Indiana Jones). I am pictured above showing the Hulk who is really tough. One of our goals is also to eat at restaurants we don't have on Guam. So, thanks to Matt and Kristin having a lot of gift certificates for some of these, we made it to the French Gourmet, Appleby's (I got my Santa Fe salad), BJ's Pizza, Mimi's Cafe, Claim Jumper, the great Mexican place near SDCC, Panera Bread, Starbucks and of course the burger, fries and shake at In-N-Out. I also had good meetings with the people at Hawaii seminary, Talbot and San Diego Christian College that I am praying will bear fruit in the future. Now I am going to bed...

No comments: