Saturday, April 30, 2011

PIU Ministry at Bayview Baptist Church - Guam

Today was PIU Day at Bayview Baptist Church -Guam. Students, staff and faculty led the whole service. I had the opportunity to preach, although Mike's program didn't leave me too much time. I am pretty sure the people at Bayview were much more interested to hear the PIU students sing than in hearing me preach anyway. Bayview has been a long-time supporting church of PIU, sent us several students and we have enjoyed partnering in ministry with them in many ways over many years. We are very thankful for their partnership with PIU and were grateful for the opportunity to minister there.

The students did a great job. Here they are getting in some rehearsal before the service began.

Kita, Joanie and Jaynee sing a song written by Kita. Many of the songs performed today were written by PIU students.

Students and staff read scripture, devotional thoughts, prayers and theological meditations interspersed within the music. Here 1st year student Jesse Hartt reads from Philippians 2. 

The ladies did some worship dance as they sang.

There was a lot of congregational involvement in the program. I think they enjoyed it. 

No, it is not Saturday Night Fever here. I am making what I am sure is a very important homiletic point. 

After the service Serenity worked hard at making friends with everyone.


No comments: