Monday, November 19, 2012

My time in Southern California

 SAMSUNG I am now back on Guam and trying to get my body and brain back on to Guam time. We have already begun celebrating Thanksgiving week with several events at the school and I will post on them soon. But before I do that I will make a few posts about my recently completed trip to the US Mainland. From Northern California I headed down to San Diego on November 5th. After spending a little time in the afternoon with my son Matt and grandson Milo,SAMSUNG I headed over to have dinner with Sam and Maria Keckler and Scott and Mishe Harvey. Maria was our main speaker in February at our “Story Crafting Conference” and Sam spoke in chapel and at some churches. We plan to expand the 2013 conference into a “Story Crafting and Teacher Training Conference” this coming March and hope to add Mishe as one of the speakers. I had a great time with the two couples talking about PIU ministry possibilities and, as usual, the enchiladas were amazing.

SAMSUNG I spent Tuesday up at Azusa Pacific University. My Baymonte Christian High School classmate, Craig Wallace, is now the Alumni Director at APU and he gave me access to several administrators there to talk about possible articulation agreements, APU mission trips to PIU and other possibilities for working together. I was very appreciative of the time they spent with me and am hoping and praying that we will be able to put into action some of the things we talked about.

  SAMSUNG            That evening we let Milo choose the restaurant and so Matt, Kristin, Milo and I headed to Soup Plantation. SAMSUNGSorry, I took several family pictures while in So Cal but forgot to take pictures at the Kecklers’ or at APU.  The “angelic effect” here on Milo’s picture was not planned and it may be a prophetic miracle (just kidding). Joyce is planning to head to San Diego in March for the birth of grandchild number 6 (grand-daughter #4) for us.

No comments: