Friday, October 20, 2006

I'm Back at Dallas Seminary

Hello from Dallas Texas. I am a little cold - I don't even have a jacket - but doing well. I was very pleased about how things went in Hawaii. We continue to talk with Hawaii Theological Seminary about a possible partnership and significant progress has been made there. I was also encouraged to meet with leaders of several other Christian schools and institutes in Hawaii who are interested in a cooperation that I believe will benefit the students at all of our institutions.

I flew from Hawaii to Dallas on Tuesday night. After spending most of Wednesday with Missy recovering from the red-eye flight, I spent all day Wednesday interviewing eight Dallas Seminary students and graduates who are interested to become PIBC faculty. I was impressed and encouraged by their qualifications, but even more by their missionary spirit and desire to see young people discipled and trained to minister in their churches and to the unreached areas of the world. Please pray with us that God will lead them to the right place of service and enable them to get there.

After the day at DTS I met Missy and we had a nice father-daughter dinner at Olive Garden. (I have been looking forward to some of their pasta and bread since there isn't one on Guam.) We will be heading to up to Edmond Oklahoma tonight to see David Ahlgren and to meet the missions committee and pastors at Metropolitan Baptist Church. I will let you know how it goes!

No comments: