Thursday, March 01, 2007

Quite A Week

This has been quite a week for Joyce and I. Over the weekend I was able to rest up a little from the two week teaching trip. We enjoyed seeing the PIBC traveling team make their presentation at the Pacific Missionary Fellowship. They did a great job. That afternoon Joyce trapped the third of four boonie dogs that had been bothering us for a quite a while. The other two she had taken to the pound on Saturday. We decided to take the dog to the pound on our way to prayer meeting. When we tried to put the dog into the cage at the pound it bit her. I was worried about what might result from it and this time I was right to be concerned.

On Tuesday afternoon she began to feel sick with pains all over. By the time I got her to the emergency room at 5:30 PM she was in terrible pain. She had a fever and her white count was up. After about 4-5 hours in emergency they gave her some antibiotics and some medication for pain and sent her home. She slept all day Wednesday. Today she was feeling much better. We went to the doctor and they did all kinds of tests again. Her white count was much higher but her fever was gone and the pain was much less. The doctor is stumped on what it might be, but said to watch her closely.

This weekend I am supposed to go to Pohnpei to finalize our agreement with the College of Micronesia, preach at a youth rally and talk to some other possible partners about placing a PIBC teaching facility there. With the uncertainty about Joyce's health the doctor thought she should not be left alone (She can't drive while on the medication). Several of our female staff and students volunteered to stay with her this weekend so I could go to these meetings. As long as she continues to improve like she has I suppose I will go. Please pray for Joyce and I this weekend as you think about us. Thanks!

2 comments:

Alvin said...

Hey guys, keep us posted on the health issues. Also, more videos of Titus.
Alvin & Terry

Dave Owen said...

I will work on getting more Titus videos. I enjoy taking them anyway!