Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Weekly Prayer Requests

We have several issues for which we would appreciate your prayers this week….
  1. Joyce’s health: She is recovering from whatever was causing her infection last week. The docs still do not know what it is and we are still awaiting results of the last blood test. It was a scary time in emergency.
  2. Student issues: We have some students who are struggling badly with addiction and family issues. Sadly we have even had to dismiss a few. Please pray that we have wisdom to provide help and ministry in these areas.
  3. Board meeting: I am finishing up preparation for our March 28-30 PIBC Board meeting. Please pray that it will be a productive meeting and that we will collectively hear God’s will for the school.
  4. Continue praying for our future faculty members currently raising support… Tim and Melody Plaxton, Eric and Karyn Sorenson and Stephanie Cooper.
  5. We have some critical personnel needs
    1. Maintenance supervisor Chuuk campus
    2. English teachers
    3. Bible teachers to coordinate our teaching facilities in Yap, Palau and Chuuk. We have both short (one semester) and long term needs here
    4. Computer (IT) person
  6. Ongoing operational financial needs and building funding needs. (Our students are still crammed into a much too-small space!)

We do appreciate your prayers and support for our ministry!

1 comment:

bill4HIM said...

hi Dave,

It is just great to view our web page very often, because I always get reminded of the fact that God is doing a radical movement in our churches in spite of so many problems.
I am now sitting in my room in this great sunny afternoon waiting for my time to work, and I just want to say hi to everyone out there at the campus.
I also look at your blog and I have to apologize to you, because I steal on of your picture. The one you are standing in a white beautiful PIBC shirt.
Yea.. I always challenge when I heard that you are going to have some mission trips this summer and I am so excited to see young people who are strong enough to step up in the front to go for HIM. It is always my prayer for both our school as well as all the supporting churches throughout micronesia to see the urgent of sharing the gsopel of Jesus Christ to the unreached people.