Thursday, April 05, 2007

Back From Chuuk

It has been a while since my last post. Since then we have completed our PIBC annual board meeting, enjoyed PIBC days on the Guam campus and I have just returned from a pastor's conference and the 100 year celebration of the gospel's entrance into Chuuk. The conference lasted four days and, besides me, the speakers were Harald Gorges the Liebenzell Area Director, Steve Bradley a retired missionary who is teaching at PIBC Chuuk as a volunteer, and PIBC Chuuk teacher and Liebenzell missionary Siegbert Betz. Other guests included Roland Rauchholz, the 1st president of PIBC and Lothar Kaessar who was one of the translators of the Chuukese Bible. Roland showed a slide show documenting the history of the work in Chuuk.
I was able to spend an afternoon with the Chuukese pastors in a discussion about PIBC. It was good to talk about what our alumni are doing. It reminded us that God has been faithful already to work in the lives of our graduates. We also had a good time of planning for the future. I was pleased to see the commitment of the Chuuk church to their support and responsibility for the school. (In the picture PIBC Chuuk Campus Director, Yosta Lodge is translating my presentation into Chuukese.)
I will write more about the board meeting and PIBC Days in future posts.

No comments: