Saturday, October 06, 2007

Onnuri Church Guam

One of the enjoyable things I get to do as PIBC president is preach and represent PIBC at many of the churches on Guam and throughout Micronesia. This Sunday I had the opportunity to fellowship with the Onnuri (Korean speaking, Presbyterian) Guam Church. Some members of this church began to attend PIBC this Fall. Joyce and I enjoyed the worship time and great hospitality of the church. We were encouraged to hear of the church's commitment to partner with other groups to build the kingdom. Though we didn't understand everything, our translator, did a very good job of summarizing everything that went on. She, Hannah, a 21 year old senior at the University of Guam (left of Joyce in the picture) also did a good job of translating my sermon. We also enjoyed the fellowship and spicy kimchee soup at lunch time. There was a lot of interest in PIBC and I am hoping to see more students from the Onnuri Church at PIBC.

Joyce also is proud of her soursap. She took this picture a couple days ago. I think they are a little bitter but I like drinking the juice. We are thankful for no extreme weather on the island for a long time that allows Joyce's fruit trees to root and produce. I prefer the cherry tomatoes and kalamansi.

No comments: