Sunday, October 28, 2007

First weekend of Trip

I have arrived in California and am enjoying the cooler, but not cold, weather. I am not even jet-lagging. It is great. I got into LAX about 5.00 AM on Friday, got a car and got to Mike, Samantha and Titus' place about 7.00 AM. I got a great greeting from Titus. We went out to breakfast and Titus made friends with most of the people in the Home Town Buffet. I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a camera to replace the one that was stolen (I left the batteries at Mike's house) and started clicking some pictures. Matt and Kristin came up from San Diego (they are Ok and did not have to evacuate) in the afternoon. We had a great time talking and getting caught up on what was going on with all of them and then went out for pizza. BJ's buffalo chicken pizza was excellent and the strawberry lemonade was pretty good too. (Here is Michael and Titus in their costumes)

Saturday I drove back to LAX and then flew up to Sacramento. My mom-in-law picked up me up and we made the 3 hour drive up to Redding where we stayed with Joyce's sister, Judy, and her family. Sunday morning I had the opportunity to share at Shasta Community Church pastored by Keith Stone. I had a wonderful time with the people there. There was a lot of interest on what we are doing and some are even considering coming out to help PIBC or the Christian High Schools in Micronesia. Afterwards Keith took me along with 20 or so Shasta Bible College students out for pizza at Round Table. There was a high level of missions interest among the students and they asked a lot of questions. Thank you Keith for the invite! I will be speaking at the Shasta Bible College chapel tomorrow morning and then we will head over to Shingle/El Dorado to spend some time with the parents.

No comments: