Saturday, November 03, 2007

From Dallas Texas

I am writing this from the house of the Ramler's in Combine Texas. I arrived in the Dallas area on Wednesday night. Missy and her boyfriend Cliff (I was meeting him for the first time) picked me up at the airport. We had a good time talking and then I went out to the house of Joyce's sister, Janet and her family where I have been staying this week. (The picture is of me, Janet, Janet's son AJ, Cliff and Missy - Janet's husband Paul was driving to Abilene to rescue their son Kevin who was there in a broken down car so he missed the family dinner.) I was able to spend Thursday and Friday at Dallas Theological Seminary recruiting teachers. Thanks to former PIBC'ers Lisa and John Tomada I was well set up there with a lunch meeting and conference room to talk to people. I met several who were very interested in coming out within the next couple years. Please pray that God will direct some of them into ministry at PIBC. We still have an urgent need for Bible and English teachers at our Chuuk sites.

Today I will spend most of the day with my daughter Missy. She was able to get tickets to the Sacramento Kings-Dallas Mavericks game tonight so that should be a lot of fun. I have not been to an NBA game in many years. Tomorrow I will fly out to Atlanta where I will meet Brad Boydston and we will drive up to Columbia (South Carolina) International University. We will be recruiting Bible and English teachers there for a couple days before we head back to Atlanta for the TRACS conference on Wednesday. As always, I appreciate your prayers for finding people who can fill the needs at PIBC.

No comments: