Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Adventures in Dallas and South Carolina

My last couple days in Dallas gave me a little time to spend with family and especially, my daughter Missy. Saturday night we got to fulfill a long time desire and go to a Sacramento Kings NBA game together. It was the Dallas Mavericks home opener and they annihilated the Kings but we still had a good time. Nobody bothered me about wearing my Kings shirt - maybe it would have been different if the game had been competitive. We also enjoyed watching football on the gigantic screen in the American Airlines Arena plaza and the Dallas skyline brought back memories of our time there while I was in seminary. I used to work in the tall building with the green lights. Missy took me to the airport on Sunday morning for my flight to Atlanta. Overall, Dallas was great. I enjoyed meeting Missy's boyfriend (I like him), seeing family and made a lot of good contacts at Dallas Seminary for possible future teachers. Thank you Lisa Tomada and Brandon Buie for all your help there.






I met Brad Boydston in the Atlanta airport and we rented a car (We got upgraded to a Chrysler Magnum - I think it looks like a hearse.) for the drive up to Columbia SC. Don and Melissa Howell are graciously hosting us for the 3rd year so we can recruit at Columbia International University. Last night they hosted a dinner for us so we could meet with and talk about PIBC to CIU seminary students. Several were interested. Today Brad and I got the chance to speak in several Bible, missions and TEFL classes there. Please pray that God will direct some of these students to us when they graduate. We have also been enjoying the mild Columbia South Carolina weather. Tomorrow we will have breakfast with Steve Bradley (he teaches every Spring semester on our Tol, Chuuk campus) and then head down to Atlanta for the TRACS conference which begins Wednesday.

No comments: