Friday, October 17, 2008

Trip to the Mainland

I am starting to pack for my annual trip to the US mainland. I will be leaving early Monday morning. The main purposes of this trip are recruiting, fund raising, partner building, project coordination and meeting with some of our supporting churches. I will be gone from Guam October 20 to November 21. At least Joyce won't be by herself while I am on this trip. Larry and Sharon Bock are still staying with us (They have already agreed to stay for another semester in the Spring.) Joyce will also have some of the female students over for "relationship building" (cookie baking, girl-movie watching etc.).

Here is my schedule for the upcoming trip. If you are near one of these stops I'd love to meet with you. Maybe we could grab a cup of coffee together or something.

October 20-21: Honolulu Hawaii - Meeting with Hawaii Theological Seminary students, staff and administration. We are still working out plans for PIBC to acquire HITS.
October 22-25: La Mirada CA - I will be staying with Michael, Samantha and the kids and meeting with people from Biola/Talbot and some prospective teachers from Southern California
October 26: Speaking in the AM service at Gold Country Baptist Church, Shingle Springs CA.
October 26-27: Staying with my mom and dad in El Dorado CA.
October 28-29: Redding CA. Speaking at Shasta Bible College Chapel in the AM on the 29th and at First Baptist Redding Wednesday evening service. On the 28th I will be meeting in Redding with the leaders of the Southern Baptist group that came out to Palau last summer.
October 30-November 3: Scotts Valley CA. I will be meeting with the mission group from Gateway Bible Church to plan a mission trip/project in Yap and will be speaking at Gateway in the morning service on the 2nd. I will also meet with a friend who is working with PIBC on some grants and publicity projects.
November 4: Fly to Nashville Tennessee
November 5-8: TRACS Conference in Nashville.
November 8-12: Dallas Texas. I'll be staying with my daughter Missy, recruiting faculty at Dallas Theological Seminary and visiting alumni and friends of PIBC there.
November 13-14: Columbia International University recruiting English and Bible faculty.
November 14: Visiting friends in Winston-Salem North Carolina
November 15: Fly back to LA and back to Michael's house in La Mirada
November 16: Go to church with Mike and Sam and work with them on a possible mission trip for their church to Micronesia.
November 17-18: San Diego CA to visit Matt and Kristin; recruit at San Diego Christian College and talk with them about some cooperative efforts.
November 19: Back to LA and spend the day playing with the grandchildren
November 20: Fly back to Guam

2 comments:

Islander said...

Wow, What a trip! I pray that all goes well. It would've been great to meet with you personally over a cup of coffee had you stopped by here in the Northwest. Well, I guess next time. Anyways, good luck on the trip and God bless.

Islander

Dave Owen said...

I am hoping to get up to Oregon in 2009. We have supporting churches in Medford and Ashland