Sunday, November 16, 2008

Spiritual Emphasis Days on Guam

Joyce sent me a couple pictures and a report on PIBC Spiritual Emphasis Days 2008. Every year the whole Guam campus goes camping for a week to get away and concentrate on spiritual/devotional issues and to have a little relaxation and fun. This year they camped up on Tarague Beach on the air force base. Joyce said everything went well - nobody got bitten by a snake this year! Tarague is one of the more beautiful places on Guam, and there are a lot of beautiful places on Guam! I know the students and teachers enjoy getting away from the books once in a while and many of the students make significant decisions for their lives at these retreats. As you can see Joyce is able to make friends with both students and the local wild animals - is she another St. Francis? Please keep our students, teachers and staff in your prayers as we all head for the finish of the semester in a few weeks. It is very warm in LA but I miss Joyce and PIBC and can't wait to get back. (In the meantime I am having some fun with the grandkids.)

2 comments:

Melissa Heck said...

Hey don't give any one any ideas. Camping for one night is all I can take. I am NOT camping for a week.
Sheesh!!!!

Dave Owen said...

Umm yes. I meant to say camping for a weekEND