Friday, November 07, 2008

TRACS Conference

Good evening from Nashville, Tennesee. This week I was attending the TRACS conference. TRACS is the accrediting agency for PIBC. I enjoyed the conference this year, especially the opportunity to network with other Christian college administrators. It is always encouraging to hear that other schools are going through similar things that we are and get some ideas about how they have dealt with these things. It was also good to have an opportunity to explore different ways that we could partner with some of these schools. There are several opportunities there. The first night we went on a river boat trip on the Cumberland River. I spent most of that trip talking with Dave Beck our TRACS representative setting up their accreditation reaffirmation visit for next May. I think it was a very profitable time. The lights of Nashville were also very pretty as we observed them from the river. I met our board chairman Bill Schuit (my roommate) and Steve Stinnette at the conference. We had a good time discussing several PIBC issues. While I thought the seminars this year were not as good as previous years, the networking opportunities made the conference worthwhile. The picture above was taken from the window of my hotel. It is not hard to figure out what the main denomination in Nashville is, is it?

1 comment:

The Owen Family said...

We had to zoom in on the pic...but we figured it out :)