Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The VOM at Disneyland

I just dropped Joyce off at the San Francisco airport to fly back to Guam. Our new grand-daughter Serenity Owen was born to Michael and Samantha on Sunday evening, so Joyce changed her ticket (ouch $250 change fee - that is why I didn't change mine! :) to get back earlier than we planned originally. As soon as Joyce takes some pictures of the new baby I will make a full post about it. Until then you can see the pictures and story about the birth on Michael and Samantha's blog. They moved to Guam about three weeks ago to work with us at PIU and we are excited to have them and the 3 grandchildren with  us on Guam.

I do have a couple more posts to go on the VOM trip and will get them done today. Here are some pictures from the trip to Disneyland on July 15th. It was the very first trip to the Magic Kingdom for all of our VOM students.

We arrived about 10 AM. The park was already pretty full. Joyce, Meyou and I arrived in the U-Haul Truck.
Jayleen and Jake spent most of the day touring the park with us and ... with Pluto
We all enjoyed zapping aliens on the Buzz Lightyear ride. I would prefer not to tell anyone how many more points Joyce scored than all of us. Her alien shooting skills are amazing.

However, her driving skills were not so great.
Jayleen was a bit confused about which way to go next. 
Of course we went on the "Small World" ride. I still can't get that song out of my head. 
It was important that everyone got to meet Mickey
and his wife? girlfriend? I am not sure. 
I thought Meluat looked very "attractive" in that hat
We pretty much stayed until closing time. The Buzz Lightyear parking lot was empty when we got back to the truck. A fun day was had by all.

No comments: