Tuesday, August 03, 2010

VOM Ministry at Trinity Lutheran Church in Alamogordo New Mexico, July 12

After our week in Texas we headed back up to Alamogordo, New Mexico on Monday morning. It was actually a very nice drive, especially driving through the mountains of New Mexico. I especially enjoyed driving through the meadows near Cloudcroft, New Mexico at over 8500 feet in elevation. I am pretty sure that was the high point (in terms of elevation) of the VOM trip! Joyce and I had a great time staying with Lisa Collins' (our PIU librarian) parents. We were very encouraged by the enthusiastic hospitality and support for PIU and for the VOM team. We especially appreciated the willingness of the people at Trinity to wait for us to arrive late at night and get us back to the church for early departure on the next day. I wish I had taken pictures but here is what I was able to take from the students' Facebook pages...
Alamogordo is a beautiful mountain community. I am guessing it is cold in the winter but it was very pleasant in July.
We preformed in the church on Monday night. We also enjoyed a nice dinner (lots of casseroles - Yes!) with the people there.
We appreciated the great patience, hospitality and good conversation as they waited for all of us to arrive and to get ready to leave.

No comments: