Friday, September 17, 2010

Ministry at Faith Church

A week ago Sunday I was asked to preach at Faith Presbyterian and Reformed Church in Mangilao. Faith Church has been a long-time and faithful partner of our ministry at PIU so I always enjoy it when I have an opportunity to preach there. Currently, Faith Church is in a pastoral search. Our good friend Neil Culbertson, who was just starting his ministry at Faith Church in 1984 when we first came through Guam, has moved to Tacoma Washington to take on a new pastorate there. It was kind of strange to be there without seeing Neil and Janie-Lou, but we always get to see a lot of friends there. I preached my sermon on King Asa from 2 Chronicles 14-16. It seems that often, as in the story of Asa, opportunities come disguised as difficulties and the road to blessing often goes through the way of trouble and pain.
Some of the Voices of Micronesia team came along with me and sang a couple songs
Meyou (left) poses with Charles and Jayleen before she heads down to Chuuk on the evening flight. Meyou graduated with her BA last May. You will see her again when I post about my just completed Chuuk trip
Of  course we also need to pose a couple pictures with Titus and Courage too.

No comments: