Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Recruiting Trip to the Mainland #1 - San Diego

This past week I have been in California. I flew from Guam into San Diego last Monday and I have been busy pretty much every day recruiting faculty and students, gathering information and teaching at a conference seminar over the weekend (more on that later). I spent Monday to Wednesday in San Diego, staying with my son Matt and his family (this is why I have pictures of Kristin and Milo here), and talking with people at San Diego Christian College and at Southern California Seminary. One of my goals at SDCC was to develop an agreement with them that would allow our students to transfer credits there and could allow for some exchange of teachers and students between the schools. I think good progress was made there. I also had the opportunity to pick the brains of several staff and faculty there to get ideas on how we can improve what we are doing at PIU.

Another major priority for me is finding someone who can step in soon as our Academic Vice President. After this summer that very key position will be vacant. I am praying that we can find someone who has experience in academic administration at a Christian college in the US. I am also looking for someone who can develop and run a teacher training program for us. I had the opportunity to talk to several people who are thinking and praying about how God might use them on Guam.

I also was able to have lunch with Aaron Bryce, his wife Heather and their two boys. Aaron was a classmate of Matt's in high school and was part of our youth group at Yigo Baptist back in the 1990's. It was good to see them again. After San Diego - next stop Susanville.

No comments: