Saturday, June 08, 2013

Stop Over in Hawaii

SAMSUNG            One thing I forgot to mention about my recent trip was that after Pohnpei I headed to Hawaii before flying back to Guam. I did the full loop of the “island hopper” through Eastern Micronesia. My purpose for going to Hawaii was to explore a partnership with New Hope Christian College in Honolulu. I am especially hoping that we can work together to develop the Pacific Islands Evangelical Seminary. Both New Hope and PIU have the same desire to develop church and community leaders for the entire region. Our main barrier right now is having the financial resources to develop the seminary and provide scholarship money for key studentsSAMSUNG            to attend. There is no government financial aid available for seminary education and most of the students that we would like to target do not have any personal resources for seminary education. So, while there at the end of May, I made a proposal to the people at New Hope for how we can work together to provide well-educated pastors and church leaders for the Pacific Islands. I am thankful for the gracious hospitality from all the New Hope people. They have a lot of great people and I am hoping that our relationship will continue to grow. We are island people! It was also amazing to have breakfast my last day in such a beautiful spot. I didn’t have time to do any touring while there, (all business!) but, as you can see from the pictures the view is beautiful everywhere there.

No comments: