Thursday, July 25, 2013

Palauan Fellowship Alaska–Camp #1

SAMSUNG            I am sitting in the airport in Seattle with a lot of waiting time so I thought it would be a good time to make a few posts about the past two weeks in Alaska. I joined the Palauan fellowship 2014 which, this year, took place in Anchorage, Alaska. Actually the beginning of the fellowship took place at the Laverne Griffith Youth Camp just outside of Wasilla (yes, I saw Sarah Palin’s house but we did not drop in). Palauans gathered from Palau, Susanville California, Sacramento, Portland Oregon, Denver ColoradoSAMSUNG            , Honolulu, Saipan, Houston and Killeen Texas. We enjoyed the camp atmosphere and the temperature did not drop below 50 degrees. Most of the time the temp was in the 60’s during the three days we were in the camp. It was a great time to renew relationships with many of my Palauan friends, make new friends and recruit students for PIU. We also had some great times of teaching and worship (next post).

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

There was a lot of good food and fellowship. I especially enjoyed the salmon sashimi.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

With Palauans you always get some good softball games. I took a few swings and played centerfield.

SAMSUNG

I slept in a cabin with seven other guys. We didn’t get a lot of sleep but that was expected. I never did get used to the sun being up all day.

No comments: