Monday, September 11, 2017

A Couple of Good Sundays

20170910_192932 (1280x960)I mentioned a couple weeks ago how much I enjoy it when people come by and see me. I have not been able to get out much because of issues with the cancer, edema and chemotherapy. I have been able to attend only two church services since December, so I have also appreciated the church leaders who have brought communion to me. The next few months will probably be more of the same as the transplant process looks like it will be a very rigorous process with a lot of hospitalization time and a difficult recovery. So yesterday was a good day for me. I started out the way I usually start Sunday, with a Youtube sermon. Yesterday’s sermon was on Job and suffering from Tim Keller (Go figure right? That one kind of jumped off the menu to me). It was quite encouraging (and convicting) to me. Then my brother Doug, came up from the Bay Area and spent the whole afternoon and evening with me and the family. We watched some (a lot) of football, talked and enjoyed sandwiches, donuts and other goodies. It was good family time and, although I was exhausted by 8PM, I thoroughly enjoyed every moment.

20170903_134948 (1280x960)Last week the Plaxtons answered the call with Subway sandwiches and frozen yogurt. Again we had a good time of eating and talking together. One of the hazards of visiting me is that I never know how I am going to feel, even when I am feeling good when people arrive. I had begun the immuno-chemotherapy on Friday and I think it hit me as we were finishing lunch. I had to lay down or fall down. So I laid down and fell asleep most of the afternoon while they were there. I think they still had a good time with Joyce and my parents. Joyce and I are very thankful that there are so many people who care about us and are praying for us.

No comments: