Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Happy New Year!

20171202_154208 (960x1280)

Happy New Year from Joyce and Dave. As you may know 2017 was a tough year for both of us. (see pictures below) It certainly did  not go as we expected. 2018 starts out for us without a clear path as well. I am greatly encouraged by how my body has responded to the transplant, but we cannot make any definite plans until after my PET scan in February or March. After that we will see. Whatever happens our 2018 life is going to be quite different than our life in 2016. As we figure out where and how God is leading us, I will keep everyone informed here. I will be making some changes on my blog too which you will probably see in the upcoming weeks. The one thing that never changes is God’s love and care for us and His direction for our lives. Please join us in praying for our discernment and sensitivity to both of those.

20171115_115920 (768x1024)20171128_092311

Over the next three months my job is to continue to recover from the transplant process, regain strength and avoid infection. Our ministry plan is to be in prayer during the months of January-March and take some time to really hear from God on what He wants us to do and how He wants us to minister in the future. We hope my health will allow us to continue with Liebenzell mission, but we also want to make sure we will be in a role there that God is calling us to. There are some exciting possibilities out there and I believe that God has a role for us to play in His kingdom work in the next few years. Thank you for praying along with us for this. If you have any questions or just want to communicate with us on this send us an email at dowen@piu.edu

No comments: