Sunday, May 20, 2007

Palau Trip

I spent this past weekend in Palau. The main purpose was to present the diploma at the graduation ceremony of our very first bachelor's degree recipient from the Pacific Islands Bible College Palau Teaching facility. (More on that later). I also had a chance to give a brief "charge" on Saturday to the sixteen Emmaus and Bethania high school graduates. Of course I also recruited them to continue their education at PIBC. Another main purpose of the trip was to discuss the new curriculum changes with our Palau coordinator, Rob Watt. On Sunday I was privileged to preach in the Palauan service of the Koror Evangelical Church and attend the English service. This was also the last service in Palau for Michael, Samantha and Titus as they are heading out of Palau to return to LA so that Michael can begin his Master's degree studies at Talbot Seminary. Mike and Samantha sang a song they composed together for worship time and then Mike preached on Ephesians chapter 2. I thought he did a great job.

I also got to spend a little time with my grandson. It was amazing how much he had changed in just 2 months. I am looking forward to flying with them Wednesday to Hawaii. They will be going on straight to LA and I will stay one day in Hawaii for meetings at Hawaii Theological Seminary. I'll post again soon about the Palau graduation.

No comments: