Friday, May 25, 2007

We arrived in San Diego

I am now sitting in Matt and Kristin's apartment after getting 12 good hours of sleep last night to recover from my flights. Joyce left a week ago to spend some time in Texas with her sister's family and Missy. (All are doing well there - the picture is of Joyce with John and Lisa Tomada - PIBC'ers now attending Dallas Seminary) I left Guam Wednesday morning, arrived in Hawaii on Tuesday afternoon, met with educators in Hawaii all day Wednesday and then flew on the red eye all night to Los Anegeles. I met Joyce at LAX and we drove to where Michael and Samantha are staying, delivered their stuff we were carrying for them and then drove down to San Diego last night. We will be staying with Matt and Kristin until next Wednesday.
Thank you for praying for my meetings in Hawaii. I think they went very well. I met with Leon Watson who is working as a development person for PIBC and several Christian schools in Hawaii. Leon has a lot of good ideas about fund-raising and cooperation between the schools. I also met with Randy Furushima the president of Hawaii Theological Seminary. Our partnership with HTS is progressing and we are excited to offer our first seminary class on Guam this Fall with the former president of HTS, Kevin Gilbert, teaching the course. I also met with Mike Engfer the director of the Bible Institute of Hawaii to talk about the possibility of PIBC working with them to offer our accredited curriculum through their school. Finally I also got an opportunity to meet Mike Silva, the pastor of Palisades Baptist Church in Hawaii, and talk about cooperative efforts for ministry in Palau. Please pray for me that I will have wisdom in pursuing these opportunities.
This coming week is scheduled for vacation time with Matt and Kristin. Tonight we are going to a Padres baseball game. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: