Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Almost Semester's End

I am sitting in my General Epistles class as my students are taking the first half of their final. They have done well this semester and I have been encouraged by their insights into the Word as I read their papers. Their essay question today is to discuss the 4 major interpretive schemes of Revelation and show me how each one would interpret certain passages. Friday they will analyze the messages of one of John's epistles and of the book of Jude. I have also been correcting the onslaught of last minute assignments in my on line Genesis exegesis class. It is always nice to get some feedback on the class from a student like the note I got on the bottom of one of the homework assignments, "I want to tell you that I learned so much about this class, I hope what I learn will be application to my life too, forgiveness, confrontation I am working on it a little, and having faith in God."
We are also getting ready for our
baccalaureate service on Sunday the 11th and graduation on the Tuesday the 13th. All of these are a lot of work, much of which is being done by the graduates. We are having graduation outside so please pray with us for a dry day. In the meantime, we have grades to get in, reports to make and for me, preparation to do for the June board meeting. Joyce will have her last day at Little Lambs on Friday. We have to get it all done by Tuesday because we will be headed to Southern California for a couple weeks on the 14th. I have a meeting to attend there (as well as the Hawaii Seminary graduation) and so we will take our vacation and visit our new granddaughter while we are there. It is not all work as we had a birthday party this week for Barb Bouma (group pictured) our library volunteer.

One more thing. We have 24 graduates on the Guam campus. The most ever from Guam. We are excited about the potential God has placed in them for His kingdom and ask that you pray for them and their futures. (Ethel Laco our assistant women's dean is pictured here helping Graduate Twinsanne Sam try on her graduation gown and cap) If you want to get an idea of how God is working in the hearts of our graduates check out some thoughts by going to the blog of graduate Happiness Lodge.

No comments: