Thursday, May 29, 2008

Baseball in San Diego

We are enjoying our time in San Diego. Today Joyce and I went with Matt (Matt and I are pictured here) and his friend Carlos to an afternoon game between the San Diego Padres and Washington Capitals. We were sitting only 10 rows off the field part way down the left field foul line so we had a great view of the action. It was a very well-played and well-pitched game which the Padres won 5-2 on an 8th inning 3-run homer. I also enjoyed the train ride from the Fashion Valley Mall down to the stadium. Petco is in the Gaslamp area of San Diego which is also an interesting place to walk through. Yesterday we went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. It stretched credibility even more than the others in the series but it was still a fun movie to watch. I would recommend it.

I am enjoying the rest time a lot. I will be heading back to Guam next Wednesday. My summer class will start on the 9th and I will be spending most of my time in June getting ready for the June 24 board meeting in Palau. In the meantime I have a couple more days to relax at Matt's place.

No comments: