Friday, May 23, 2008

Hawaii Seminary Graduation


I am in the Honolulu airport as I post this getting ready to fly back to Los Angeles. I have been spending the last three days with the people at Hawaii Seminary continuing to explore our partnership with them. I attended their graduation banquet (pictured here) and graduation ceremony. I assured them that we would do what we could to help them. In addition to the festivities I had a good opportunity to meet with Annie Foerster the HITS administrator and Randy Furushima their president. I think we made good progress in developing our partnership. The graduation speaker was Dr. Roger Beckwith from Oxford, who had been tutored in his student days by C.S. Lewis and had met with the Inklings. We had a very enjoyable conversation around the banquet table. I am very thankful for the wonderful Aloha hospitality of all the people at HITS and plan to see them again soon.

I am headed back to LA to resume my vacation. We will be heading down to San Diego to celebrate Matt's graduation on Sunday. More later...

No comments: