Sunday, August 31, 2008

First Seminary Class

Saturday was a historic day for me and for Pacific Islands Bible College as we taught the first class session of our new seminary program. (You can read more about it on the PIBC web site) It was also the first time I have taught a course on the seminary level. I have six students in my Basic Exegesis course including 1 Palauan, 1 Chuukese, 1 Korean, 1 Chinese, 1 Filipina and 1 American. Two of the students are graduates of PIBC, two are ordained pastors and all are involved in ministry. I can already tell that it is really going to be fun to work with this group. The class meets twice a week. On Saturday we meet from 8 to 11.30 AM to do the "hands on" exegesis training (next Saturday we will work on observing structure and book charting) and then one other time during the week for 60-90 minutes to discuss the reading for the week. Tuesday night the class will be coming over to my house for dinner and to discuss The Drama of Scripture and the basic biblical theology of the Old Testament. Please pray for John Jim, Hedrick, Mia, Christine, Peng Li and Kent as they dig in to the scriptures and for me to be a good guide.

No comments: