Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Ministry at Shingle Springs and Redding California

My annual Fall recruiting and fund raising trip began this year in Northern California. On Monday the 24th I flew from Guam into San Francisco and then drove up to El Dorado to my parents’ place. After a day of rest I drove up to Redding. In Redding I got to meet with administrators at Simpson University and Tozer Seminary. We are working on an agreement with Simpson that would allow students to transfer credits between PIU and Simpson. I also had the opportunity to talk with some teachers at Tozer about teaching some PIU classes. The next day I drove over to Shasta Bible College and met with some old friends there. I drove back to El Dorado on Friday and got to have some good family time on Saturday. I also had morning coffee at Starbucks with Tim and Melody Plaxton. They looked great. Sunday I spoke at Gold Country Baptist Church with a report about PIU in the morning service and preached in the evening service (pictured above). With three GCBC families on staff and a couple students at PIU, there is a lot of interest in PIU there. I gave out several Fact Books and brochures. In between services I had lunch with the Cain family. Sarah Cain took most of the pictures for our publications while she was on Guam last spring. We are very thankful for the support GCBC brings in to PIU. Monday was the last day in the area. I met with Steve Leuice, the pastor of another supporting church, Camino Community Church, and we had a great time talking over old times in Palau and Guam and comparing ministry notes. The first week of my trip was busy, but fun. Monday evening I headed to the airport to fly to Dallas.

No comments: