Monday, November 14, 2011

Ministry in Susanville California

I am still a week behind on my posts, but here are a few pictures from last weekend in Susanville California where I had the opportunity to participate in the Micronesian conference there. There were Palauans and Chuukese there from Portland, Reno, Sacramento, Texas and, of course Susanville. I had the opportunity to lead an all day Saturday seminar for the men on biblical exegesis and then spoke to the whole group on Saturday night. As you can see, it was a cold weekend (about 20 degrees for a low) and somehow, whenever I go to Susanville – even in the summer - it snows. I am thankful again to Jacob Ngiraiblosch for inviting me to be one of the speakers for the conference. It is encouraging to me to see how well so many of my former students are doing and to see them in leadership in their churches.

Most of the meetings were held at a camp about 15 miles from Susanville. The food and fellowship were excellent.

 

There was a lot of singing. The Susanville group led worship before lunch (left) and the youth group performed a skit and worship dance (right) in the evening.

No comments: