Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Ministry in Texas

After spending a day in Dallas with Missy and Cliff, I headed down to Salado, Texas to meet with the people at Grace Baptist Church. I met pastor Steve Waechter in the afternoon and after a nice dinner (including key lime pie) spoke at the church’s Wednesday evening service. The small, but very interested group already knew a lot about the school and were excited to hear the new things that are happening at PIU. The next evening I met with the Palauan fellowship group in Killeen. I was happy to see some old friends there and meet some high school students who are interested to come to PIU in the future. Ali and Zenida led some music and I had a chance to share with the group about the new opportunities provided for them at PIU through the liberal studies, diving and seminary programs. I am very thankful for both the Grace Baptist and Palauan groups who have been so supportive of our school for the last couple years. Thanks also to the Puckett’s who opened up their home to me while I was in Central Texas.   Posted from the Love Field waiting area!

No comments: