Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Few More Pictures of Pohnpei

SAMSUNG            I was able to stay in Pohnpei four days after the graduation with PIU alum Saladier Ilai. I had an opportunity to do several things and meet with some key people. Of course, I also got some good sashimi. On Monday I had the opportunity to talk with several students and parents about applying to PIU and helped one complete his application. I brought back two completed applications to Guam with me and they tell me several more are on the way. Several students are also applying for the FSM and Pohnpei state scholarship to help pay for their education. Please pray for a favorable scholarship award for these students since most of their families have little or no money to pay for their educations. Thank you to Senator Shelten Neth for helping these students and arranging my time at Ohwa. Thanks also to Saladier who provided me with bed, meals and a car.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

We took a drive around the island. It rained every day while I was there. On the right we stop and fill up at the discount gas station - $5.10 per gallon

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

I got some very good sashimi at a couple restaurants

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

We drove all the way around the island. I hung out the window and took these pictures

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

Saladier and I ended the drive with a little lunch before I got on the plane to head to Hawaii

1 comment:

Melody and Tim Plaxton: said...

Will be praying for these students and for their scholarships to come through as God wills. It's great to see Seladier looking so good! Praying for your travels to bring many students to PIU to study!