Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday Chapel at PIU

SAMSUNG            I am writing this post from Pohnpei and hope to upload it when I can find an internet connection.SAMSUNG            I was in Chuuk for three days without a connection, but I should be able to post from the restaurant at lunch time today. I will also have some info and pictures from Chuuk and Pohnpei in subsequent posts when I am able to upload the pictures and videos I have taken there. I do have some pictures from Tuesday’s chapel. Dr. Zobule was our chapel speaker and talked about being “salt and light” in our communities. He talked about how important salt is in places that do not have refrigeration, like the more remote Pacific islands. He challenged us to to be “salt in the community” to keep our cultures from “rotting and spoiling.” Dr. Zobule now has gone on to Yap and will return to the Solomon Islands this weekend. 

No comments: