Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trip to Tol Island

SAMSUNG            On the 2nd day of my time in Chuuk I had the opportunity to go out to visit Faithwalk Christian College on Tol Island. FCC is the former PIU Chuuk SAMSUNG            campus. We have agreed to a Memo of Understanding with FCC and the Chuukese church to begin offering classes there again and hope to begin in 2014. I had not been there in 4 years and was looking forward very much to going there and speaking with the 90 students that are currently enrolled there. The water had been rough and it looked unlikely that I would be able to go, but on Thursday, the water was calm and we were able to take a very pleasant boat ride across the Chuuk Lagoon. I forgot my hat, and got a pretty nasty sunburn, but everything else worked out perfectly. The islands are as beautiful as I remember and this was an answer to a prayer I have been praying for 4 years.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

The water was calm and clear as we went across.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

The students welcomed me and we enjoyed some good fellowship together.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

ECC President Karsom Enlet accompanied to Tol. We addressed the FCC students together and talked about the reconciliation between PIU and ECC/FCC. I had the opportunity to talk about our plans to help the FCC students access PIU’s accredited program. The students seemed very happy about the partnership and the plans.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

The library and other buildings looked pretty much like I remembered them. The library is pictured here.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

We hated to leave but the students sent us away with friendly farewells.

No comments: