Monday, February 02, 2009

Super Bowl Monday Party

This morning all of Guam stopped business for Super Bowl Monday - an unofficial island holiday. Most of the PIBC family met over at our house to watch the game. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed one of the more entertaining Super Bowls in recent memory. The group was pretty much evenly split between Steeler and Cardinal fans. I just wanted to see a good game and enjoy the people, the food and the relaxed and fun atmosphere. Everyone at PIBC works very hard, and it can be stressful at times, so it is good to have some time where we can relax and act a little crazy. Since the game starts on this side of the dateline on Monday morning at 9:00, the food is a curious mix of breakfast, snacks, and lunch items. This year there was hot wings, meatballs, chili, donuts, cookies, chips, sodas, coffee, fruit and other tasty options. Also, since my birthday comes up this week while I am away on a trip to Yap, Joyce made my favorite triple chocolate cake. I think everyone enjoyed it and it made its way on to my plate several times. Now I'll get back to work and prepare for the PIBC board meeting after a nice little break. Now I am thinking that the 49ers must win the 2010 Super Bowl (if the Cardinals can come this close anything is possible) to get back into a tie with Pittsburgh for most Super Bowl wins.

No comments: