Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baccalaureate

PIBC held our baccalaureate for the Guam campus on Sunday, May 10th. (Yes, I know I am way behind on my posting.) The service was held at the Onnuri Church in Mangilao. The featured speaker was Dr. Cristel Wood, current faculty member and our former Academic Vice President. She challenged us based on the graduates' theme to "Serve the Lord with Gladness." She used several Old Testament examples which I especially appreciated. One of our board members, Harald Gorges, led the communion fellowship which the almost graduates (at that moment) shared with all the audience. As you can see from the picture the students also sang a couple songs. The baccalaureate was student planned and led, with class spokesman Darwin Joker serving as the MC. I think every year the highlight is the prayer of dedication for the graduates led by several of the faculty. My job this year was the closing prayer. Of course after the baccalaureate service we went over to the campus for a delicious celebratory BBQ.

No comments: