Monday, January 25, 2010

Opening of a New Semester

I am just back from Palau - I promise to post some pictures later - and had a great trip. I am way behind on things I want to post so before I post about Palau, I thought I should post a few pictures of orientation and the first week of school. We are already beginning the 2nd week.

We opened the semester with the introductory chapel last Monday morning. Rob and the student life team did a great job planning a Super Bowl themed opening chapel, with commentators, fight songs and over-the-top introductions. All the faculty and staff came out in football uniforms and hammed it up pretty well. Here are a few pictures of opening day.

The sportscasters introduce the team!

Joyce makes her entrance. We didn't tell her that she was wearing a basketball jersey!



Delight Suda instructs the students about how to avoid illegal procedure penalties in their financial aid applications.

The faculty-staff starting team.

Keeping the team focused on "Who are we? PIU!" and "What are we going to do? Train to Serve!"

The crowd seemed to be enjoying the game.


And of course there was a post-game meal.

No comments: