Friday, November 12, 2010

Other Things I Did in Texas

After the wedding I stayed in Texas a couple more days. I took Joyce to the airport very early in the morning on Sunday and then headed over to Redeemer Bible Church in Dallas. The VOM performed at Redeemer last summer and the church is one of our Rising Tide supporters. I was able to speak in the morning service for a few minutes about new things happening at PIU and got to meet quite a few people there. We are planning for the church to send a ministry team out to Micronesia in the near future. On Monday morning I headed down to Temple, Texas to speak to the Junior and Senior classes at Central Texas Christian School. From the school sign, you can see that I was not the most famous guest that day! It was fun to interact with the high school kids and several of them were interested to "learn about missions while you are on the mission field."



After driving back to Dallas in the afternoon, I met John and Lisa Tomada and Carissa Ash at the Cafe Brazil. I am hoping that Carissa will be coming out to Guam to teach for us in our seminary when she finishes her doctoral program at Dallas Theological Seminary. After going home and watching the Giants win the World Series (never thought I'd see that in my lifetime, smile) I prepared for my early flight the next morning to Phoenix Arizona. More on that later...

No comments: