Sunday, January 15, 2012

Owen Family Christmas

ofam (28) Well, this was Christmas family celebration number 3! We are blessed. Early Christmas morning we headed from Redding to Sacramento and then on to El Dorado to see my parents and family there and celebrate Christmas with them. On the way we stopped off and fellowshipped with our friends at Gold Country Baptist. It was great to be able to see so many of our mission partners and friends and the eggnog was pretty good too. We got to spend 6 days there and see my brother Doug and his family (left – PIU students I promised a picture of Doug and Diane)) and my sister Jayne and her family (Nate and Jayne right in front of their house). Again we had a great time. I never could have imagined I would spend part of a Christmas vacation playing video games (wii) with my mom and dad.

ofam (11) OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We left Redding at 6 AM and had the road to ourselves all the way to Sacramento airport. We passed only 9 trucks on I-5 on the way down. We were sad to say goodbye to Missy but she had to get back to Texas. Joyce will be heading there when the baby is due in March.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Ben says “hi” to all the PIU family.

ofam (25) OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Since Taylor is the only one in the grandchildren generation still growing, we had to do the measuring ritual before she and the family left, Now it is the great-grandchildren growing up too fast. 

ofam (10)

There were enough turkeys in the yard for several Christmas dinners

No comments: