Thursday, December 12, 2013

NT Survey Final Class

SAMSUNG            This semester I taught the PIES (Pacific Islands Evangelical Seminary) New Testament Survey class. PIES is the graduate school of PIU. Teaching Bible is, by far, my favorite part of my job here at PIU. This is the 4th time I have taught this class, it was a lot of fun, and I find that I always learn a lot from the class. We look at each book of the New Testament as a whole to try to get its main message and how it contributes to the overall theology of the New Testament. Each student has to write three small papers and one major SAMSUNGpaper. We also have a weekly discussion.

Monday night was our last class of the semester and, as is our tradition, we had the class around the dinner table. My plan was to move over to the television and go over my power point notes on Revelation, but the dinner table discussion was so interesting we never made it to my notes. Our PIES students always challenge me with their deep insights into scripture. I will be teaching OT Survey at the Palmridge Hotel on Monday nights next semester and am hoping to have more people from the community join us.

No comments: