Sunday, May 04, 2014

Last Class of the Semester

SAMSUNG            The Spring semester is officially over. May 3rd was the last official day of the Spring 2014 semester. The scramble to get all the assignments in and get all the final exams done is completed. My seminary class and undergrad class had their last class meeting last Monday night. As is our tradition we met at my house and shared a meal together. This semester I taught Old Testament History at the 100 level and Old Testament Survey at the 500 level. When the material in the class overlapped both classes met together. I enjoyed both classes. I think the students learned a lot and I always get something out of their discussions and papers too. I am looking forward to teaching Exegesis in Hebrews in the Fall.

SAMSUNG            SAMSUNG

We finished the evening with a lively discussion about the main themes of the Old Testament. We talked about how the basic worldview of the Old Testament impacts our lives and answer the big questions about who we are, what we are supposed to be doing, and what are the solutions to the problems we face. All the students shared about the personal impact the class has had on their lives. It was a fun evening.

No comments: