Friday, June 06, 2014

Wedding #2–Ceremony

Here are a few more pictures from last Saturday’s wedding of PIU students Jesse (my nephew) and Jonie. I was privileged to be able to officiate the ceremony. Funny, I had not officiated a wedding ceremony in several years, but did two within a few days last week. My favorite part of this wedding was that Jesse and Jonie (left) had composed their own vows to each other. I wish more couples would do that. I could tell that both of them really had thought through the commitment they were making to each other and the words were quite moving. So, a lot of family pictures here again. (right)

 

Scott accompanies the bride’s mom down the aisle as the rest of the family awaits. Jonie’s uncle did the “giving away” of the bride

The vows were spoken and “Mr. and Mrs. Jesse Hartt were presented

Followed by lots of pictures of the new family combinations

The girls

Hartts and Owens with the bride and groom

All the California Hartts

Multiple generations of the ladies

The wedding party

Bride and Bridesmaids

No comments: