Saturday, August 06, 2016

A Walk in Mount Rainier National Park

Seattle (8)

Seattle (3)I just returned from a week in the Marshall Islands and a week on the US West Coast. I was on the West Coast to meet with our seminary dean, Jim Sawyer, to meet with some ministry partners in the Bay Area and Seattle, and to make some new ministry partners. It was a quick trip but I did manage to take one little side trip in Seattle. My friend, Jeff Mckim, and I went on a short hike (I am supposed to be exercising regularly) on a trail near Mount Rainier. We were hoping for a sunny day, but it was pretty dark and cold. Nevertheless, it was a beautiful walk and we went up to the Paradise restaurant and got some excellent fish and chips. I had a good time visiting with Jeff, got a little exercise, saw a very cool looking slug with the coloring of a tropical fish, and had an excellent adventure. I didn’t take a lot of pictures because I had my hands in my pockets trying to stay warm.

Seattle (4)Seattle (6)

We live in an amazing world where one day you can be getting sunburned on a coral atoll in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and a couple days later be experiencing a cold summer rain in the mountains of the Northwest USA

No comments: