Saturday, March 04, 2017

Pray For the PIU Annual Board Meeting This Week

IMG_0045

IMG_0055The 2017 annual PIU board meeting will begin on Guam this Tuesday.  As I think about it, this is the first annual board meeting I've missed since 1994. It's kind of killing me that I won't be there.  Nevertheless, important issues will be discussed at this meeting and I would value your prayers for wisdom for all of our board members. Chairman of the board, Howard Merrell (right), will be running the meeting.  Howard and his wife Kathy have been filling in for Joyce and I this semester on the Guam campus. PIU board members come from Guam, the USA, Palau, Chuuk and Yap.

Of course, one of the key issues will be how to cover the duties of the president's office during my extended absence. In addition, we need to find, recruit and fill several key positions within the PIU administration, including Academic/Student Development VP. The board will also set the budget for the upcoming year. One exciting development is the possibility of a major grant that would fund a major building project to upgrade our campus. Please pray that PIU is approved for this and other grants and that the board would have God’s wisdom as they make decisions affecting the future of the school and churches of Guam and Micronesia. The school, as always is in God’s hands. 

Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: