Monday, June 26, 2017

“Tubeless” Medical Update

20170626_092816 (960x1280)Well this was an interesting morning. I had my appointment with the urologist at 9 AM to see if I would be getting my nephrostomy tube taken out. My numbers were good and the situation looked okay so the doctor decided to do it. You can see the process in the picture on the right. It hurt a little bit but not too bad. The only problem was that my blood pressure dropped when he pulled the tube out and I got dizzy and passed out on the floor.The doctor said it was the first time he had ever seen that happen. So after about 15 minutes on the floor, (see below), the nurse helped me up and I was able to go on to my next doctor appointment for a blood test. The doctor says I will be sore for a few days but everything should be ok. I just have to watch out and make sure that the kidney is draining properly. It is really nice not to have a tube in my back. It feels very different.Thank you for your prayers for this process and please pray that it will continue to work properly. At least it wasn't a boring day.

20170626_095115 (960x1280)20170626_095117 (960x1280)

2 comments:

ldahilig said...

I continue to pray for your complete healing, brother. I'm so blessed to hear that to be is out! As one who has been through a lot medically, I'm feeling ya! Blessings to you and Joyce and family.

ldahilig said...

I continue to pray for your complete healing, brother. I'm so blessed to hear that to be is out! As one who has been through a lot medically, I'm feeling ya! Blessings to you and Joyce and family.